SiteFinity in 2010

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. David
    David avatar
    2 posts
    08 Jan 2009
    09 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    I would like to get Sitefinity working in Studio 2010 + .NET 4.0.

I know that 2010 is not supported but I wonder if any one has gotten it to work, what steps / hassles did you deal with?

I am currently getting the following error out of various controls

Error 17 'Telerik.Cms.Web.CmsPageBase' does not contain a definition for 'ResolveCmsUrl' and no extension method 'ResolveCmsUrl' accepting a first argument of type 'Telerik.Cms.Web.CmsPageBase' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) E:\SiteMajik\SiteMajik.Web\Sitefinity\Admin\ControlTemplates\Forums\ControlPanelCreatePostTemplate.ascx 205

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    10 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi David,

We have not performed tests under VS 2010 ( which is beta) and .NET Framework 4 Beta2. Generally you may occur this error from a control template where ASP.NET is used in script blogs . In your case from Forums backend templates and the script for RadEditor control. The method ResolveCmsUrl is implemented fromversion 3.6 and if you use the lasted version of Telerik.Cms.dll (2057) the error should not be thrown.

If you have the correct dlls you could try modifying templates and using Page.ResolveUrl method.

Page.ResolveUrl("~/Sitefinity/UserControls/Dialogs/DocumentEditorDialog.aspx")

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
2 posts, 0 answered