28 posts, 0 answered
  1. Telerik Admin
    Telerik Admin avatar
    188 posts
    02 Oct 2004
    09 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Dear all,

This is to let you know that we are planning to release Sitefinity v. 3.6 on 20th January 2009.

The following implementations will be included in the release:

NEW

General
    • .NET Framework 3.5 support
       .NET 2.0 as will be supported as well and provided as a separate distribution
    •  New framework for creating control and command panels which uses embedded control templates
    •  Hierarchical content categories
    Caching
    •  New base classes for implementing cache substitution controls and custom cache dependencies
    Latest RadControls
    • RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2008 SP1
    • RadControls for Silverlight Q3 2008 SP1 (included in Sitefinity v.3.6 on .NET 3.5 only)
    Images & Documents Module
    •  Support of Video Libraries using RadMediaPlayer for Silverlight (included in Sitefinity v.3.6 on .NET 3.5 only)
    • Data provider for Video Libraries using Amazon S3 for data storage and streaming

FIXES
    • Fixes in Images&Documents Module
    • Fixes in Generic Content Module
    • Other minor fixes
    More details will be announced at the time of the release.

Have a nice day!
    The Telerik Team
  2. Markus
    Markus avatar
    2763 posts
    25 Nov 2005
    10 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Happy to hear that 3.6 is on its way!

Thanks for all the effort on your part. One major question. Will the workflow bug be fixed?

Regards Markus
  3. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    10 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Markus Berchtold,

Yes, it will be fixed. It is actually fixed already for our internal builds :)

Kind regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  4. Markus
    Markus avatar
    2763 posts
    25 Nov 2005
    10 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Great

Because I will be starting my first commercial sitefinty site in January and sure dont want to look bad on this matter :-)

Thanks for the Feedback

Markus

PS: If you need beta testing - write me: mb (at) marktold.com
  5. Richard van der Helm
    Richard van der Helm avatar
    32 posts
    29 Oct 2005
    11 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Will the browse and edit feature as stated in the roadmap also be included in this upcoming version? Eagerly awaiting for this function for use in portal applications.

regards,

Richard
  6. Ivan
    Ivan avatar
    478 posts
    16 Jun 2015
    12 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello richard van der Helm,

The roadmap on our site is the one for Sitefinity 4.0. Honestly, Sitefinity 3.6 was not planned, but after we realized that some of the things we were thinking to implement in 4.0 would benefit community immediately and we saw no technical reason to wait for version 4.0, we've decided to release 3.6.

The browse-and-edit feature will NOT be part of Sitefinity 3.6, but rather, it will be released with Sitefinity 4.0.

I hope this clarifies the situation a bit.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  7. Foodsleuth
    Foodsleuth avatar
    46 posts
    21 May 2008
    13 Dec 2008
    Link to this post

Is there still going to be a service pack release this month to fix the generic content as promised?

Thanks

Barb

8. Peter
    Peter avatar
    10 posts
    24 Aug 2008
    15 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Great to hear! Does the Video Libraries include support for Flash streams?
  9. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    15 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello,

Is there still going to be a service pack release this month to fix the generic content as promised?
    The new things we are going to add are too big for a service pack. That is why we decided to include the fixes and the new things in Sitefinity 3.6 in January.

Does the Video Libraries include support for Flash streams?
    In the beginning we will support only Silverlight supported streaming formats - mp3 and wma(7-9). We are still not sure whether we will catch up with the time to include Flash streaming, but we have this in mind.

Regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

10. Jason M
    Jason M avatar
    108 posts
    15 Jan 2007
    17 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Peter - We use the following (http://www.aspnetflash.com/) for streaming Flash Videos.  I just build a control and exposed the requited properties.

J
  11. Jason M
    Jason M avatar
    108 posts
    15 Jan 2007
    17 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Peter - We use the following (http://www.aspnetflash.com/) for streaming Flash Videos.  I just built a control and exposed the requited properties.

J
  12. Mikael Kleinwort
    Mikael Kleinwort avatar
    78 posts
    17 May 2004
    21 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivan,

when is version 4.0 scheduled for release?

Regards, Mikael
  13. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    22 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Mikael Kleinwort,

It should be out after Q1 2009. We will probably release it in the end of April.

Regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

14. Matthew
    Matthew avatar
    38 posts
    24 Jun 2012
    07 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    hello support,
    I noticed that the next release contains:

Images & Documents Module
    •  Support of Video Libraries using RadMediaPlayer for Silverlight (included in Sitefinity v.3.6 on .NET 3.5 only)
    • Data provider for Video Libraries using Amazon S3 for data storage and streaming

Do you have more information on the Video support? We have a request for a new module that would display YouTube videos which initial thoughts lead me to use a list (which contains URLs of the video that the administrator puts in) and then programmatically retrieve the URL value in the frontend of the site to display in a Video Player (essentially a wrapper). However, I would have to customise lists to have a URL field (as the existing list title and description I would need).

Will the new release cater for this scenario? or do you have something existing I can leverage off?

Regards,
    Matt
  15. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    09 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Matthew,

RadMediaPlayer is an ItemsControl. You can populate it with items of type RadMediaItem. As I know YouTube plays flash videos. Here are the supported formats for Silverlight

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

16. Deran
    Deran avatar
    1 posts
    15 Nov 2007
    20 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Are you guys still on track for the release tomorrow?
  17. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    20 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Deran,

Please refer to the blog post Sitefinity 3.6 beta this week for more information about the release.

Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

18. Armysniper
    Armysniper avatar
    126 posts
    03 Mar 2005
    22 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Ivan, how painful will the upgrade be if I go to the beta for 3.6? Can I just run an installer over the 3.6 Beta when it releases or is it pulling teeth?
  19. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    22 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Armysniper,

Upgrading from 3.6 beta to 3.6 will not be hard. The only thing that should be changed, will be the bin directory.

Kind regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

20. kevin
    kevin avatar
    16 posts
    30 Jan 2007
    22 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    I noticed a mention of "fixes in the images and documents module" for the 3.6 release. The pager is not showing up on "Insert Document" from the radeditor when there are many items in Sitefinity library. We're using several browsers, one being FF3. The only workaround we currently have for our clients is to go to the library and find the item and use the "link to this item" column, but that is domain specific and inconvenient. Any help on this would be appreciated.
  21. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    22 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello kevin,

I am not sure if this is included for fixing, but will check it out and will reply in the support thread, which you opened for the same problem.

Sincerely yours,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

22. Armysniper
    Armysniper avatar
    126 posts
    03 Mar 2005
    22 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Will the beta be available later in the week as it is mentioned in the blog post? If so sign me up.
  23. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    23 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi,

We are still aiming for today. Stay tuned for an information on how to get it :)

Regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

24. Markus
    Markus avatar
    2763 posts
    25 Nov 2005
    23 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    I am tuned in an listening ;-)

Regards Markus

PS: Hope you talk European time and not California :-)
  25. Andrei
    Andrei avatar
    553 posts
    27 Nov 2008
    23 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    I am tunned in as well, but can't hear anything. Must have a faulty tunner. 
    Andrei
  26. Andrei
    Andrei avatar
    553 posts
    27 Nov 2008
    23 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    I am tunned in as well, but can't hear anything. Must have a faulty tunner. 
    Andrei
  27. Arroyocode
    Arroyocode avatar
    1 posts
    06 Sep 2007
    24 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    This is good news! We're also waiting for this release before moving next site to sitefinity.

Thanks,

Greg
  28. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    26 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Arroyocode,

The beta is already released! Please refer to the blog post 3.6 beta released for some more information.

Sincerely yours,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Register for webinar
28 posts, 0 answered