Steps to upgrade your project:
1. Back up your old project and database by copying them to a different directory. Note that the C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.0\WebSites folder will be deleted when you uninstall the old Sitefinity version.
Before proceeding, we recommend that you compare your project’s web.config file to the C:\ProgramFiles\telerik\Sitefinity3.0\ProjectManager\EmptyProject\web.config file. Note down the changes you have made, as you will need to add those to the new project’s web.config.
2. Uninstall the old version. Make sure the C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.0 folder is deleted.
3. Install SP2.
4. Create a project with the SP2 version.
5. Copy the old project database to the ~/App_Data folder if you are using SQL Express. If you are using SQL Server, in the project web.config file, edit the connection string to point to the old project database. This will upgrade the database automatically when the application is started for the first time.
6. Copy all custom files from the old project to the new project. These include user controls, scrpits, images, css files, master pages, dll files, etc. If you have made changes to the Admin folder, compare the old files to the new ones and merge the changes. If you upgrade from beta 2 version to Sitefinity SP2
Run the following script into the database before following the steps above:
update sf_CmsPage SET ParentId = NULL where ParentId = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'
update sf_CmsPage SET TemplateId = NULL where TemplateId = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'
update sf_CmsControlProperty SET ParentId = NULL where ParentId = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'
Hope this helps.
the Telerik team