Windows 2008 R2

7 posts, 1 answered
  1. Constantin Aparaschivei
    Constantin Aparaschivei avatar
    27 posts
    10 Nov 2009
    19 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi, I have a simple question. Will Sitefinity 3.6 work on windows server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5?
    On system requirements page I can see Windows 2008 is supported, but no info about R2 version and IIS 7.5

Thanks.
  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    19 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Constantin Aparaschivei,

The more important in this case is IIS7.5, since this will be the server responsible for passing the web requests to the Asp.Net environment. We confirm that 3.6 is working fine on IIS7.5. Just make sure that you configure the application pool user (identity) to have read access to the project files. The rest should be okay.

Greetings,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
    Answered
  3. Josef Rogovsky
    Josef Rogovsky avatar
    39 posts
    04 Sep 2012
    09 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    For what it's worth I just successfully moved a SF 3.0 SP2 site from IIS 6 to IIS 7.5.

I had to set the App Pool's Managed pipeline mode to "Classic".
  4. Matt
    Matt avatar
    5 posts
    07 May 2009
    11 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    I was working with a Sitefinity 3.7 install yesterday and couldn't seem to get the sf404.aspx page to correctly handle 404s (was attempting to enable extensionless URLs).

Has this feature been tested on IIS 7.5? I was using IIS 7.5 on a Windows 7 box, so that may have been the problem.

5. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    11 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Matt,

The sf404.aspx was an old approach that we took when IIS5 was actual. Now you can use the wildcard mapping when you work in integrated pipeline mode to have extensionless urls. Map all request to Asp.Net and set the page extensions to empty string in the web.config file. 

Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  6. Matt
    Matt avatar
    5 posts
    07 May 2009
    11 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    The sf404.aspx page has proven to be very useful, I hope it is still supported. We have used the approach to allow use to have both extension-less URLs plus also host other content alongside Sitefinity.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but wildcard mapping means the ASP.NET runtime will handle all requests and wouldn't let (for example) any classic ASP pages be executed. 
  7. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    14 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Matt,

We will follow up in the following forum thread - http://www.sitefinity.com/support/forums/sitefinity-3-x/developing-with-sitefinity/extensionless-urls-in-sitefinity-3-6.aspx - since the issue there is the same. 

Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Register for webinar
7 posts, 1 answered