Error 404.17 Not Found

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Ron
    Ron avatar
    1 posts
    01 Feb 2009
    11 Sep 2009
    Link to this post

I am getting this error when I try and start the Sitefinity Project Manager.

It says 404.17 Not Found and suggests "The request matched a wildcard mime map. The request is mapped to the staticfile handler. If there were different pre-conditions, the request will map to adifferent handler."

I've searched support and found a user with a similar error.  The suggested solution was to set the Application Pool to 32 bit mode.  I've assigned this installation to the Classic App pool and ensured that app pool was set to 32 bit, not 64 bit.

I'm running IIS 7 on Windows Server 2008.  I think IIS 7 enables ASP.NET extensions by default, no?  If not, how do I enable them?

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Oct 2016
    14 Sep 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Ron,

The Handler Mappings should be set by default. I suggest that you should take a look at the following article Installation which describes the installation process step by step. You may also find the following videos useful SitefinityWatch. If the problem persists you could try using IIS 6 Management Compatibility.

Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
2 posts, 0 answered