15 Dec 2008
29 Aug 2013
Link to this post
We're hiring an experienced Programmer and Website Developer for our growing team.
Cubicle Fugitive is a full-service brand, marketing and web development agency that provides high-calibre services to large and small companies, particularly those in the Professional Service, Education and Health sectors.
If the thought of working at an agency makes you cringe and want to run for the hills, don’t worry, we’re not a typical agency. In fact, we’re the opposite. We’re an un-agency, a marketing firm that prides itself on being family-friendly, low on ego and attitude, easy to work with and built by people who thrive on learning new things. We're professional, fun to work with and focus on delivering the highest level of client service no matter how big or small our client is.
There are a few specific things we are looking for in a candidate. You should have:
- Professional software development experience with C# and ASP.NET (ASP.NET 4.0/4.5 preferred) and development environments (Visual Studio 2012, Eclipse)
- Discipline and knowledge to write readable, testable and reusable code
- Experience with relational databases and MS SQL Server
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken) and the ability to clearly articulate technical options and limitations with ease to both team members and clients
- The ability to quickly learn new things without any former knowledge or experience
- An interest in keeping up with technology trends and their technical expertise up to date
- A high attention to detail and a propensity to see the big picture
- A positive attitude and a strong desire to learn from and share with the people you work with
- The ability to gel with our team (someone who is down-to-earth, driven, creative, has a positive attitude and a good sense of humour)
You’ll have an advantage over the others if you have:
- Professional experience with Content Management Systems and/or third party controls, preference given to those with Sitefinity knowledge and/or experience
- Experience with ORM frameworks (preferrably OpenAccess, others)
We have a great company and offer:
- The freedom to work from home. No really, we are a family-friendly company and all of us work from home almost every Monday and Friday.
- A team culture promoting constant learning and innovation, with a constant stream of fun challenges to solve and the resources to solve them.
- A casual, friendly and knowledge sharing environment with smart people around you.
- A company that pays as much as it can give rather than as little as it can get away with.
- Cool work location with great new offices in downtown Burlington.
- A chance to join a team that is the go-to marketing and web partner for professional services in Canada.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “I want to join the CF team”. Only experienced candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.