Busy, growing, well-established web development company in Alexandria, Virginia has an opening for a web developer who will play a lead role in the company’s .NET development effort. This is an opportunity to hold a key position in a growing company.
As a developer, you support our company’s .NET development efforts by understanding client business requirements, architecting and implementing .NET CMS solutions such as Sitefinity and Sitecore, and working closely with internal team members to meet project deadlines. The ideal candidate will create prototypes for solutions, conduct research on the right technology to meet client requirements, as well as guide and mentor junior developers.
- Work with team of dedicated and fast-paced developers in the creation of new web applications and enhancement of existing applications.
- Develop, maintain and enhance web sites and applications in C#, ASP.NET
- Develop Microsoft SQL Server database queries, stored procedures and functions views for applications
- Performance tune applications for better memory handling and better utilization of system recourses.
- Support the applications developed
- Follow the development standards and procedures while developing applications
- Guide and mentor junior level developers
- Support the applications in production and respond to client queries and clarifications when needed
- Work closely with the QA, Release Engineers and Documentation teams to build Enterprise-level architecture
- 5 to 8 years of total software development experience
- 3 to 4 years of C# experience
- 3 to 4 years of experience with various Content Management Systems including Sitecore and Sitefinity
- 4 years of hands-on experience writing complex T-SQL and SQL Server development experience
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall development methodologies and Test Driven Development
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- .NET 3.5 experience strongly preferred with ASP.Net and AJAX
- Experience with SQL server 2005, SQL reporting and analysis service
- Experience with VS 2008 and TFS knowledge
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as Sitefinity and Sitecore
- Development experience with XML
- Knowledge of MS Design Patterns, application blocks or enterprise library
- Strong problem solving, analytical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment; high-energy and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and also lead a small sub-team of .NET developers
- Clear communication skills
- Team player and multi-tasker
Candidate must be highly professional in all ways, with a positive outlook and problem-solving, “can-do” attitude. Strong communication skills to support the requirements gathering process are a must for this position. We are a close knit team of professionals operating in a fast-paced office, and we are looking for a team player who will be proactive and eager to take on responsibility.
- Located in Old Town Alexandria
- Fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere
- CareFirst health insurance plan with dental and vision options
- Long term disability insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Diverse clients bring new projects, new challenges, new skills to the team
If you think this is the right opportunity for you, please email your resume to to email@example.com