So its taken me a while just to get 5.0 to connect to my 3.7 sp4 site, but I got there eventually. But when I tried to do the first run at a migration I got a number of errors.
First is that all my users failed. I think its because they have a \ in the name because the are all domain accounts. eg
Error occured during the migration of user BRADKEN\name.
second is that all my templates failed
Registering template "BH - Action"...
Error: template BH - Action failed to migrate. The related master page ~/App_Master/BradHelp.master failed to load.
and then because my templates failed the pages did also
Error occurred during the migration of page QuickActions.
Error: the template for page Assign Responsible Employee is not migrated. Please migrate the template first.
Oh and yes I have copied over all the files to the relative folders in the the 5.0 project