Just when you think you've got it figured out:
I've currently got an installation of Sitefinity working with Active
Directory login on a development server inside our domain. When I move
the site to our production server, which is in a DMZ, I can no longer
authenticate using AD. I get a "Access Denied" error page on the line that includes
If I try changing the LDAP server path, the error message changes to "Unable to establish secure connection with the server" so it appears I can connect to the LDAP server. I also ran Softerra's LDAP Browser on the production web server
and I can connect to the LDAP server with no problem using the same
credentials. In addition, a simple Microsoft example app called FormsAuthAD can do the lookup fine.
The problem appears to be related to the Telerik ActiveDirectory provider somehow. I'm going crazy over this and could really use some help!