2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Gaurav Mehta
    Gaurav Mehta avatar
    43 posts
    09 Dec 2009
    11 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi,

I have successfully installed Sitefinity 3.7 SP2 on my system now I m trying to create test web site using it.
    while performing : Step 8 – Create SQL Express Database for Web Site (as given in  http://www.sitefinity.com/support/installation-guide.aspx)

System configuration:
    VS.Net 2005
    .Net Framework : 2.0, 3.0
    SQL Server 2005 Express

Error:

Configuration Error 
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutralPublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. 

Source Error: 

Line 97:     <compilation debug="false"
    Line 98:       <assemblies> 
    Line 99:         <add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" /> 
    Line 100:        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
    Line 101:        <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" /> 

Source File: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\TestWebSite\web.config    Line: 99 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutralPublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' could not be loaded. 

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. 
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. 
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. 
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433  

Please let me know what is wrong here.
    Do I need to install higher version of .Net framework ?

Regards,
    Gaurav
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    11 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Gaurav Mehta,

You need to install .NET Framework 3.5 or use a project prepared for .NET 2.0 that you will  be able to find under Downloads section of your account.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
2 posts, 0 answered