3.2 sflb getting 404

11 posts, 0 answered
  1. James Wright
    James Wright avatar
    5 posts
    20 Mar 2006
    16 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Recently moved my 3.2 project to discountasp.net.

I followed the setup instructions found here on the sitefinity site, and all looks to be correct. My web.config doesn't reference .sflb.ashx and the .sflb etc all point to the isapi dll like they are supposed to.

I am running IIS 7 with asp.net 2.0 and 'classic' pipeline mode.

The site was previously on a dedicated machine and worked perfectly. What am I missing? This customer only has a few months left in contract and I don't want the hassle of upgrading.

<

add name="Sitefinity Libraries" path="*.sflb" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" />

<

add name="SitefinityLibrary" path="*.sflb" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine" />

<

add name="Libraries" urlRewriteFormat="~/{Provider}/{LibraryName}/[Name].sflb" urlDateTimeFormat="yy-MM-dd" urlWhitespaceChar="_" visible="False" defaultMetaField="Name" applicationName="/Libraries" allowVersioning="True" allowLocalization="False" localizationProviderName="" allowWorkflow="False" securityProviderName="" versioningProviderName="" connectionStringName="GenericContentConnection" type="Telerik.Libraries.Data.DefaultProvider, Telerik.Libraries.Data" tagEditorTemplate="~/Sitefinity/Admin/ControlTemplates/Libraries/BatchTagsEditor.ascx" />

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    16 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello James Wright,

Try adding Wildcard script mapping. You may get 404 if the request does not reach the handler. Since iit was warking on the another host, the problem seems to be related to the new server.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. James Wright
    James Wright avatar
    5 posts
    20 Mar 2006
    16 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    I implemented the following code:

1. <handlers accessPolicy="Read, Script">  
    2.   ...   
    3.   <add name="ASP.NET-ISAPI-2.0-Wildcard"  
    4.      path="*" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG"  
    5.      modules="IsapiModule"  
    6.      scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll"  
    7.      preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" />  
    8.   <add name="StaticFile"  
    9.      path="*" verb="*"  
    10.      modules="StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule"  
    11.      resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Read" />  
    12. </handlers>  

And all of my aspx pages stopped working. The error was 'you may have a wild card' or something like that.

Do i need to set up a mime type or something for the sflb? Did I setup the wildcard incorrectly?

Again, I am IIS7 running 3.2...

Jamey

4. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    16 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello James Wright,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Could you please make sure that the *.sflb handler is correctly mapped in the Handler Mappings section in your IIS? Refer to attached image.

All the best,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  5. James Wright
    James Wright avatar
    5 posts
    20 Mar 2006
    16 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    In the IIS, my handler mapping points to IsapiModule. It doesn't point to the telerik object. It looks like your .template line item.
  6. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    17 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello James Wright,

Can you please try to configure it with the same as in the screen shot. You can consult your web.config for the exact executable.

Sincerely yours,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

7. James Wright
    James Wright avatar
    5 posts
    20 Mar 2006
    17 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    I am using IIS Manager remotely into DiscountAsp.net.

When I double click the line item for  .sflb, here are my options in the dialog:

Request Path: .sflb
    Executable: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll
    Name: Sitefinity Libraries
    Path type: Unspecified
    Verbs: All
    Access: Script

If I try and point to "Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine" it is invalid because it isn't a file system. There is nothing about telerik in my list of modules either.

Thanks,

Jamey
  8. James Wright
    James Wright avatar
    5 posts
    20 Mar 2006
    18 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Can you please point me to the install documentation for 3.2? Thanks.
  9. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    18 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello James Wright,

When you install Sitefnity through the installation package on your computer you get the documentation normally in C:\Program Files\Telerik\Sitefinity3.2\Help. I have attached the installation guide and user manuals for your convenience.

Greetings,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

10. Tony
    Tony avatar
    29 posts
    30 Dec 2010
    25 Jul 2013
    Link to this post
    I am also having issues with dsiplaying .sflb but on IIS 7.5 I have tried just about everything to get the .sflb extension to render. Could I send my web.config to somebody? Also upgrading Sitefinity versions is not an option.
  11. Desislav Bonchev
    Desislav Bonchev avatar
    25 posts
    19 Jul 2012
    29 Jul 2013
    Link to this post
    Hello,

Please follow the instruction under the "Configuring IIS" in the User Manual which can be found in the attached files in the Radoslav's  post. The most important steps are setting the application pool to classic and mapping the handler.

I am looking forward to assist you further.

Regards,
    Desislav Bonchev
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
11 posts, 0 answered