Error 500.19

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Wesley
    Wesley avatar
    17 posts
    08 Nov 2010
    11 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    I am attempting to get the demo installed on Windows 7 Professional, but so far have been unsucessful. The latest error is one that I have been unable to work through. If I can at least get the demo installed and working, we will most likely buy the full product, but my timeline is becoming increasingly short.

Anyhow, the error being recieved is as follows:

Error Summary

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Error Detail
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x800700b7
    Config Error There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined
    Config File \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\ChampionHomes\web.config
    Requested URL http://localhost:80/ChampionHomes/Default.aspx
    Physical Path C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\ChampionHomes\Default.aspx
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined

Config Source
        5:       <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
        6:         <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
        7:         <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">

I am recieving the error after attempting to browse any newly created project. Any help that anyone can provide would be most apprecietated.

Wes
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    12 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Wesley,

Try removing the following line from your web.config

<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

Clean the solution ( right click on the solution file and choose "Clean Solution"). If you are running the website under .NET 4.0, them you are not using the proper build for .NET 4.0 and your project has been compiled against .NET 3.5. Just to let you know that we have a separate builds for .NET 4.0, 3.5 and 2.0

Another reason for this error is application inheritance of the web.configs.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
2 posts, 0 answered