Installation Problem

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. Kamal
    Kamal avatar
    16 posts
    27 Nov 2010
    06 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    We have installed earlier sitefinity3.7 sp4 on our system. but accidently default website deleted from IIS manager on windows 7. So we are trying to reinstall sitefinity on our system but It's giving errror

"Error creating virtual directory telerik"
    Exception details
    the system can't find the path specified
  2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    06 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Kamal,

Sitefinity 3.x needs the Default Website to be present. Since you have deleted it you can set up Sitefinity projects using the Sitefinity Project zip file which you can download from your account and follow these instructions.

Best wishes,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Kamal
    Kamal avatar
    16 posts
    27 Nov 2010
    07 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi,

I resinstalled IIS and now I ran "Sitefinity_3_7_2096_standard_trial.exe" and it's installed on PC. No wI am trying to upgrade it by running " Sitefinity_3_7_2136_standard_trial.exe" but  It's giving error "Error 1001".
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    07 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Kamal,

Please take a look at this KB - Error 1001 during installation Error 1001 during installation

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. Kamal
    Kamal avatar
    16 posts
    27 Nov 2010
    07 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivan,

I am unable to find out external templates for different  module. Could you tell me the url from where I can download.
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    07 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Kamal,

"You can use this link to download blank project for .NET 2.0, .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.0. Support for .NET 4.0 was introduced with Sitefinity 3.7 SP4 release."

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered