404 Errors on Front End

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. Jeff Nolan
    Jeff Nolan avatar
    2 posts
    12 May 2010
    02 Jun 2010
    Link to this post
    Can anybody please tell me why when I attempt to view ANY of the front end pages (including the home page), I'm getting 404 errors? This is not a new website, but I've changed servers. I read a KB article that references a custom sf404.aspx file, but I can't seem to locate it.
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    02 Jun 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Jeff Nolan,

Check whether you have ISAPI Handler mappings for *.aspx. If there is not such handler you will get 404 errors.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Jeff Nolan
    Jeff Nolan avatar
    2 posts
    12 May 2010
    02 Jun 2010
    Link to this post
    Okay, we've adjusted the hosting environment by switching to an account provided by one of your recommended partners. Everything seems okay, but then I see yet another 404 error:

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /sitefinity/cmsentrypoint.aspx

I checked the /Sitefinity folder and the file 'cmsentrypoint.aspx' is not present.

This website was moved from a previous provider, did they not send us all the files? Is there somewhere I can download them. I believe the site is running v3.7.

4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    02 Jun 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Jeff Nolan,

cmsentrypoint.aspx should be under Sitefinity folder. The page should have the content below

<%@ Page Inherits="Telerik.Cms.Web.InternalPage" MasterPageFile="~/Sitefinity/Dummy.master" %>

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  5. Drew Reutlinger
    Drew Reutlinger avatar
    17 posts
    25 Sep 2009
    10 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    I'm getting this same error on a brand new installation of 3.7 SP3 on WIndows Server 2008. I've checked the Handler Mappings and everything is in order. I created an account for the telerik/Sitefinity folder that has full control permissions.
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    10 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Drew Reutlinger,

I have created over 10 projects under windows server 2008 without problems. Here is explanation when cmsentrypoint is called - changes to cmsentrypoint.aspx the post form Jun 16, 2010

sf404.aspx which you refer in one of the previous posts is used for extensionless urls.

It would be useful if you can provide some more details that will help us to narrow down this issue.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered