+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Set-up & Installation / Applying Community 3.6 Hotfix

Applying Community 3.6 Hotfix

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. Michael
    Michael avatar
    17 posts
    Registered:
    12 Oct 2008
    13 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    This error came up when upgrading from 3.5 to 3.6:

    Unknown server tag 'sfBlogDesignSettings:BehaviorSetting'

    I fixed it by changing it to:

    'sfBlogDesignSettings:BlogsBehaviorSetting'

    The file is:

    ~\Sitefinity\Admin\ControlTemplates\Blogs\Design\BlogPostsControlDesigner.ascx
  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    13 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Michael,

    This error is thrown because we use embedded templates already. Please refer to the KB Article How to map a view to an external template, in Sitefinity 3.6 or later? - ID#1264 for more information about this.

    Regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. Michael
    Michael avatar
    17 posts
    Registered:
    12 Oct 2008
    13 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    My site does not use blogs, and I have never created a custom template.  Is this expected behavior?
  4. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    13 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Michael,

    Could you please confirm that you have made the change in the 3.6 project? The external template should be used at all, since it is not mapped.
    We are looking forward for your replay, and thank you about the cooperation!

    Kind regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  5. Michael
    Michael avatar
    17 posts
    Registered:
    12 Oct 2008
    13 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Georgi ,

    I followed the upgrade instructions exactly.  After the new files were copied to my project folder, I edited the "new_web.config" file.  I made only small changes (connection string, and a reference to my intrasitemodule).  I renamed the existing web.config to "old_web.config" and then renamed "new_web.config" to "web.config".

    I then tried to run the site (in debug mode on my local machine), and during the compile I got an error (above) that pointed to the line of code in:

    BlogPostsControlDesigner.ascx

    I used intellisense to guide me to the correct name, and made the change.  I pressed "play" again to start debugging, and this time it compiled with no errors.

    Does that help?  Feel free to email me if you want to speak on the phone regarding the issue.

    Thanks,

    Michael
  6. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    13 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Michael,

    Thank you a lot about helping us to narrow down the problem! I just edited the Upgrade Instructions, thanks to your feedback. Yes, the error is there only when you compile/build the project, since the type name and the namespaces are different.

    I have updated your Telerik account as well.

    Greetings,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered