Hello Kalvin MacLeod,
Thank you for your interest in our CMS and getting in touch with us. We are sorry to hear you are having troubles installing Sitefinity.
Most probably, you cannot log in the new project because the step at which you have to set the project database and the admin account had been skipped and the login page open straight after the project creation.
This happens quite often and is basically due to incorrect IIS settings. We would recommend moving the Sitefinity3.x
(Project Manager) virtual directory to the Classic.NET AppPool
This is how to do it:
1. Launch IIS Manager from Control Panel > Administrative Tools
2. Expand the tree in the Connections
pane and then expand Web Sites
3. Right-click the Sitefinity3.x
directory and select Advanced Settings
4. Change the Application Pool
setting to Classic .NET AppPool
5. Click OK
to apply the changes.
6. Restart the Classic .NET AppPool.
The Project Startup wizard should then continue to the step where the database is configured.
Check the security settings for the Sitefinity3.x virtual folder, making sure that:
1. Anonymous Authentication is disabled.
2. ASP.NET Impersonation is enabled.
3. Forms Authentication is disabled.
4. Windows Authentication is enabled.
You may also check if the Classic.NET AppPool
is configured as described in section Installing Sitefinity under Windows® Vista
of the Sitefinity User Manual.
Hope everything runs smoothly now. Do let us know if you need any further assistance.
the Telerik team