3 posts, 0 answered
  1. alan
    alan avatar
    1 posts
    12 Aug 2010
    17 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,

I've developed my site in Windows 7 and SQL 2008 server (external server) and I now need to deploy the website onto a Server 2003 machine running IIS6 (again with an external SQL server).

I've copied over all the files within the "Website/<project name>" directory over to the Server 2003 machine and added a Virtual Directory within the Default website.

When accessing the website I get the following error:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request failed.]
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +64
       System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58
       System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +65
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +342
       System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +52
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have not installed Sitefinity 3.7 on the Server 2003 machine as I've read you should just be able to copy the files over to the new location and everything works, is this correct?

Also, the documentation for setting up IIS6 is almost non-existent, does anyone have more information then what is in the install guide as it is not enough if the above problem is not the cause.

Regards,
    Gus.

2. Gus
    Gus avatar
    7 posts
    02 Aug 2010
    17 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Whoops, I was logged in as my boss...Adding a comment to subscribe to this thread.
  3. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    17 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Gus,

It looks like the security policy of your project uses medium trust or another custom trust level. You are getting security exception - The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

You might find this post useful Deployment to shared hosting with medium trust

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
3 posts, 0 answered