The best solution is to use one database for both servers. In this case, you could set CacheDependancy
mode to InDatabase
, so when you make changes to one of the sites, they will be immediately transferred to the other (as in WebFarm environment).
Otherwise, you should consider the database synchronization between the two servers, for example you should follow this working cycle:
- make database changes locally
- update staging site database from the local one
- make database changes on the staging server
- update local database from the staging one
- make database changes locally and so on...
As for migrating the database to production, you can find detailed instructions in the Sitefinity User Manual, section Migrating projects to the production web server
Hope this answers your question. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
the Telerik team