+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Set-up & Installation / Errors With Sitefinity Beta

Errors With Sitefinity Beta

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Peter C
    Peter C avatar
    2 posts
    Registered:
    21 Mar 2006
    03 Mar 2008
    Link to this post
    I am running into an error when trying to change page properties within the Sitefinity 3.2 beta.  Specifically when trying to add a URL and change the page types.  I use the Add URL a lot and have been able to manually do this within the database, but it would be great to be able to do this with the GUI.

    The following is the error message that we are seeing:

    "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParseErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
    Details: Error parsing near '    
         | <html>
        <head>
    ,
     '"

    Any idea how to solve this?   I did not see this on Sitefinity 3.1 earlier.

    Thanks,
    Kevin
  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    04 Mar 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Kevin Reester,

    Thank you getting in touch with us.

    We have tried to reproduce such behaviour but without success. We will continue investigating this issue and will much appreciate if you could provide some additional information about it. Could you describe exactly the steps you take, so we could make some tests and debugging if needed?

    Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

    Greetings,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  3. Peter C
    Peter C avatar
    2 posts
    Registered:
    21 Mar 2006
    04 Mar 2008
    Link to this post
    Simple - to recreate, all i do is click any radio button in the Page Type section or the Add URL link in the Page Urls section.

    This is really a problem because I cannot add any alternate URLs without going directly in to the database tables and making the changes there.

    Thanks,
  4. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    05 Mar 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Kevin Reester,

    We are still not able to reproduce this with our 3.2 beta. It should be a specific issue and we suppose that it might be a question of server settings.

    We understand the need for you to use GUI, there is no doubt that this should be the way for anyone to add new URLs to the pages, instead of using database managers. Therefore, we are ready to invest as much time as needed for solving this problem.

    While we are looking into this case, a suggestion for you is to update your projects to our latest version which was released yesterday and check if this problem persists after that.
    If you wish, you could send us a link with login credentials to your project, so we could take a look at it. You could open a new support ticket and send the credentials there.

    Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered