+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Set-up & Installation / Getting 500.19 error after moving site to my desktop

Getting 500.19 error after moving site to my desktop

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Sharon
    Sharon avatar
    39 posts
    14 Jun 2011
    23 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    I am trying to set up our Sitefinity 3.7 site on my desktop so I can use debugging with Visual Studio.  The site is at version 3.7.2136.240:1

I am running on Windows 7 Pro. I have installed VS 2008. I followed the install directions (for turning on IIS and setting the website settings in IIS) you have for  3.7 on Vista 9. I copied the site to my local drive and just edited the working config to change the database connection string from localhost to the server name.

When I start it up I get this error:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification Unknown
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x80070032
    Config Error The configuration section 'system.web.extensions' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration
    Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Sitefinity_Metalogix\web.config
    Requested URL http://localhost:80/default.aspx
    Physical Path
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
    FWIW a regular .htm page loads fine but the Default.aspx causes this error.

Digging around on the web it seems like this can be caused by a mismatch of the .net versions between the code and the app pool but I'm not sure what I need to do to fix that.
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    24 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Sharon,

You can get this error if you create a new website in IIS and application pool is set to .NET 2.0, where system.web.extensions is not valid in a .NET 2.0  configuration file. Go to IIS manager and check the .NET  version under your application pool runs. In should be .NET 4.0.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Sharon
    Sharon avatar
    39 posts
    14 Jun 2011
    20 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    I am sorry. I have fixed everything I could find but I still am getting errors. I have .net framework 4 now and think I've configured everything correctly. I'm attaching my IIS setup. Can you see if you see something wrong with it?

Thanks!
  4. Victor Velev
    Victor Velev avatar
    1345 posts
    06 Jul 2015
    25 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Sharon,

Your configuration seem to proper. In addition to your screenshots I have recorded a video which demonstrates how to set up a website under IIS. Please review the attached material. Make sure you change the Handler Mappings to use .NET 4.0.

Greetings,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered