17 posts, 0 answered
  1. Peter
    Peter avatar
    1 posts
    10 Mar 2009
    07 Jun 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi,

Im trying to install 3.6 Community on my Vista using "Bullet Proof Guide to Installing Sitefinity 3.x ".

When I start the project manager for the first time (as administrator) I get the following error:

Error Summary Error Summary

HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found

The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.

Detailed Error Information
    Module StaticFileModule
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070032
    Requested URL http://localhost/telerik/Sitefinity3.6.Community/Default.aspx
    Physical Path C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.6 Community\ProjectManager\Default.aspx
    Logon Method Negotiate
    Logon User C-CM-WV-200\admin
    Most likely causes:
    • The request matched a wildcard mime map. The request is mapped to the static file handler. If there were different pre-conditions, the request will map to a different handler.
    Things you can try:
    • If you want to serve this content as a static file, add an explicit MIME map.
    Links and More InformationSometimes preconditions and a wildcard MIME map can unintentionally cause serving script source.

View more information »

Of cause I'm pretty sure I have followed the guide but obviously I have messed something up.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me sort this out.

Thanks
    Peter
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    19 Sep 2016
    07 Jun 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Peter,

If you are running 64 bit OS I suggest that you should enable 32 bit application for IIS. Right click on the Application Pool and select "Advanced Settings" then "Enable 32-bit Applications." Also, try changing the  application pool from Default to Classic .NET AppPool. Check out whether you have configured your web server to handle ASP.Net extensions. Make sure that  ASP is installed (by default, ASP is not installed with IIS)

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. Chuck
    Chuck avatar
    2 posts
    27 Oct 2008
    21 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Thanks for the information this solved my problem on Windows 7 64-bit running IIS7
  4. Charles Richardson
    Charles Richardson avatar
    7 posts
    23 Oct 2012
    29 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Yep, that did it for me as well (Windows Ultimate 64-bit).

It's great when answers like this actually work!
  5. lgroup
    lgroup avatar
    7 posts
    28 Dec 2006
    30 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    I ran into this as well with Windows 7 64-bit.    Might be a good idea to add this to the installation documents in the future.    :)

6. Kurt
    Kurt avatar
    7 posts
    31 Aug 2006
    17 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    I do agree with you about the need to document the 32bit requirment, however, it would be even better if Sitefinity  supported 64 bit and the new integrated pipeline.
  7. Ant Lu
    Ant Lu avatar
    2 posts
    14 Dec 2009
    15 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    As with the other commenters, Enabling 32-bit applications solved my problem (win7 x64).
  8. Chris Rathermel
    Chris Rathermel avatar
    3 posts
    21 Dec 2006
    07 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Agreed, I really hope 4.0 is able to run on 64 bit IIS 7 properly.
  9. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    19 Sep 2016
    08 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Chris Rathermel,

Sitefinity 4.0 supports IIS7, IIS 7.5, 32 and 64 bit OS.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  10. Drew
    Drew avatar
    1 posts
    09 Aug 2010
    10 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    I was having the same problem, and this guide was a great solution.  Thank you. 
  11. Gratian
    Gratian avatar
    9 posts
    05 Nov 2010
    05 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,
    I am having the same issue but using Sitefinity 3.7 sp4 (standard edition). I am trying to install it on a Win 2008R2 server 64bit. I tried all the "solutions" on this forum and other and still no success.
    If there is another small "check" that it might make it work please help me.
    Thanks,
    Gratian.

** Update
    I also succeeded solving this problem.
    I looked at the Handler Mappings and i don't know why in telerik application for handler mappings the mappings where strange (more then in default website) so i clicked revert to parent and did the same think for Sitefinity3.7, reset iis and hit f5 in browser and it worked.
  12. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    19 Sep 2016
    05 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Gratian,

We sent a reply to the support request you opened.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  13. Timothy
    Timothy avatar
    3 posts
    18 Nov 2010
    18 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    I'm having the same issue as the poster using 3.7 sp4 std edition. Any feedback from support on this yet?

**Update. I've been able to fix my issue**

For the 3.7 sp4 (standard edition) build, it required .Net 4.0 framework. That meant in IIS I needed to either change the framework version the "Classic .NET AppPool" was using to 4.0.....OR use the "ASP.NET v4.0 Classic" app pool with the 32bit flag thrown.  I used the new v4.0 Classic app pool.

Also, I had to enable the 4.0 ISAPI filters. That is done at the Server node; (MyServerName) --> Features View --> ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.

Once I changed application pool .Net framework version to 4.0 (with 32bit flag set) and enabled the 4.0 ISAPI filters, I was able to get the 3.7 sp4 drop to work. (Be sure to update the website with whichever App Pool you went with)
  14. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    19 Sep 2016
    19 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Timothy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I believe that it will help to other community members. I just want to clarify that the issue is related to IIS settings and Sitefinity is not the problem here as I and my colleges and other customers described this. 

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  15. Paul
    Paul avatar
    1 posts
    22 Nov 2010
    22 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Timothy, thanks for the instructions.  This fixed my problem as well.

Ivan, I think pointing to IIS as the problem is a bit of deflection of responsibility, isn't it?  The settings are what they are.  If workarounds are required to get your product installed, shouldn't they be documented?  This is an install on a pretty vanilla configuration of Windows 7.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think Windows 7 should be a somewhat popular O/S, and support for it should be documented in the install guide. 

Just my .02.

16. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    19 Sep 2016
    22 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Paul,

If you set each other ASP.NET web application that is built against a lower version that the .NET framework that you application pool use (which is part of IIS) you will have the same issue. Also setting the application pool to the correct version of .NET is not a workaround and here the problem is not related to the OS, it is related to the bit mode that the OS uses and application pool settings.

Also the clarification is about that there is no issue in our code and this issue is related to IIS settings.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  17. Pankaj
    Pankaj avatar
    39 posts
    27 Sep 2010
    23 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Timothy
    Thank you very much. This really helped me.
    I was installing Sitefinity 3.7 on Windows 2008 64 bit and was struggling with this issue since last few days.
Register for webinar
17 posts, 0 answered