David Penny avatar
    18 posts
    23 Jun 2006
    05 Aug 2010
    Link to this post

Hi,

I tried to start my Sitefinituy today and got:

HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found

The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.

No idea why this has happened, other than I recently upgraded my Telerik toolkit to 2010 Q2.

Any help appreciated as I need to update my site and have little time to delve in and work out what's gone wrong.

David Penny

2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    05 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello David Penny,

Thank you for using our services.

Could you please go to the application pool in which your Sitefinity Project Manager is running and edit its advanced settings. Make sure that 32 bit application support is enabled.

Kind regards,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
    Answered
  3. David Penny
    David Penny avatar
    18 posts
    23 Jun 2006
    05 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Radoslav,

That was it.  It used to be set to that - no idea why that would have changed all on it's own and I never through to check it.

Thanks.

Dave Penny
  4. Ron
    Ron avatar
    2 posts
    04 Aug 2010
    30 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    I am getting this on a 32-bit machine. I have gone through the troubleshooting and get different errors. This is the latest.
  5. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    30 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Ron,

Generally there are two issues for this error - 64 bit application mode is enabled instead of 32 or you have to switch the application pool from Default to Classic.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  6. Ron
    Ron avatar
    2 posts
    04 Aug 2010
    30 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    That is what my issue is. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting, but I am getting the same errors. I would be fine with creating a project manually, I would just need instructions on that.
  7. Kevin
    Kevin avatar
    4 posts
    18 Nov 2010
    04 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    I am also having trouble and getting this error.  I am using Windows Server 2008 32-Bit and have double checked that the application pool is Classic .Net for the site.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

8. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    04 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Kevin,

Please make sure that the Application Pool that you use to run the project uses the same .NET version as this one under which Sitefinity assemblies are build (.NET 2.0, .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.0).

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  9. Kevin
    Kevin avatar
    4 posts
    18 Nov 2010
    04 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Thanks for the quick reply.  I downloaded the 2.0 version of Sitefinity and the Classic .Net Application pool is showing .net 2.0.  Is this what you are asking?
  10. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    04 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Kevin,

Yes, the .NET version of the application pools should be the same as the .NET version of the binaries.
    The web request  does not reach our application and this is why you see an error from the web server not from our classes. Your IIS server cannot process the request and this is a server side issue. I do not see what else could cause this issue when the error clearly states that your IIS server tries to serve a page by its static handler. You have a mapping for that content to something other than StaticFile, but that handler mapping does not apply for the current pipeline mode (integrated/classic), bitness (32/64 bits) or even asp.net version .

Your account shows that you have two downloads

Sitefinity_3_7_2136_standard_trial_NET20.exe - this is for .NET 2.0
    Sitefinity_3_7_2136_standard_trial.exe - this is for .NET 3.5

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  11. vinod
    vinod avatar
    2 posts
    28 Jul 2010
    19 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi I am getting the same error. I followed all the steps mentioned above "32 bit." and "classic .net apppool" etc.

system os is Windows 7. IIS 7.5.

Sitefinity version is 3.7. Is there any place where I can get the sitefinity 3.7 version. When i am searching I am getting 4.1.

Thanks
    Vinod kona.
  12. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    20 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Ron,

Have you checked whether you aren't running application pool that uses ASP.NET account hosted in different version of ASP.NET than the project you have?

All versions that you can download are available under Download section of your account. Sitefinity 3.x edition will be available only if you have downloaded this edition prior 4.0 release. You may contact our sales department and ask them if would be possible to give you a slot and download 3.x edition.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Register for webinar
12 posts, 1 answered