+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Set-up & Installation / HTTP error 503. Service unavailible after upload

HTTP error 503. Service unavailible after upload

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. ObieOne
    ObieOne avatar
    6 posts
    26 Sep 2009
    20 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello all,
    After playing around with the community edition, I desided to create a test website on our production machine.

So I installed an extra sqlexpress 2005 instance on the server to hold the dbs.
    Copied all the website files from my local machine to the server.
    Created a new website (not a virual directory) in IIS7 with a seperate applicationpool.
    Assigned it to run in classic mode, set it to run under LocalSystem and set it to run in x32 mode.
    Then I attached the database and log files to the sqlexpress instance.
    And finally ran an iisreset to make all changes active. All looks oke so far.

However, If I now start IE and browse to the newly created website I receive an error 503, service unavailible after about a minute and the applicationpool crashes. In windows event logs I have these event id's:

Event ID 5139 Source WAS
    A listener channel for protocol http in worker process 8512 serving application pool sitefinity reported a listener channel failure.

followed by Event ID 5002 WAS
    Which states the application pool has shut down.

The problematic server is an SBS2008 x64.
    I have this running on my development machine which is Win7 x64 with no problem.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong here, or what am I overlooking?
    Thanks,
    Arno
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    20 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Arno Zevenhuizen,

Please go through the following articles which describes the core of the problem you have

iis 7 stopping a listener channel
    Event ID 5139 — IIS Protocol Adapter Availability

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. ObieOne
    ObieOne avatar
    6 posts
    26 Sep 2009
    21 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply.
    I had allready found the IIS document on the Protocol Adapter, you pointed out.
    This did not help.

Also the first document does not seem to help, so I desised to start again from scratch and followed the same procedure again to create a new website and attach the database.
    This time the website launches normally as expected.
    However the first page load is very slow (5-10sec).
    After the first page is loaded all seems oke.
Register for webinar
3 posts, 0 answered