Installation failure with 404.17

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. Richard
    Richard avatar
    3 posts
    13 May 2008
    07 Sep 2008
    Link to this post

I followed the installation guide to the letter, getting as far as changing and restarting the AppPool in IIS7 (Vista Ultimate x64). Accessing the localhost/telerik/sitefinity3.2 url returns a 404.17 error: 

The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.

The details are:

Module StaticFileModule
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070032

Requested URL http://localhost/telerik/Sitefinity3.2/Default.aspx
    Physical Path C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.2\ProjectManager\Default.aspx
    Logon Method Negotiate
    Logon User RLW-M90\richard

I checked the static event handler and it's set to: StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule

Also, the *.template handler is set to: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll

Any thoughts?

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    08 Sep 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Richard,

You could try changing your default Application Pool to enable 32-bit, or preferably create a 32-bit AppPool. Please find the attached screenshot. Also, please set the script mappings for the requested extension, i.e. *.html;

I hope this helps.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Richard
    Richard avatar
    3 posts
    13 May 2008
    08 Sep 2008
    Link to this post
    Ivan,

Mark that one down for a change to page 20/21 of your Installation Guide:  when changing the Application Pool to the Classic .NET AppPool on a 64-bit version of Vista, you must also enable 32-bit applications.  That one change fixed the problem.

While the Enable 32-bit Applications section of the Advanced Settings dialog was highlighted in the figure on page 21, the boxes around the Managed Pipeline Mode and Identity settings obscured the setting the the 32-bit enablement.

Thanks,
    Richard
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    09 Sep 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Richard,

I am glad to hear that the problem has been solved. Thank you for reporting this misleading information in out User Manual. We are going to update it for our next release and some obsolete paragraphs will be edited. Also, we decided to update your account for drawing our attention to the manual.

Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  5. Tray Williams
    Tray Williams avatar
    1 posts
    07 Sep 2009
    08 Sep 2009
    Link to this post
    Ivan,

Your suggestion here also fixed the same issue for me.  However, I was not following the guide.  Rather, I was watching the video titled "Bullet Proof Guide to Installing Sitefinity 3.x".  Just FYI. 

Thank you for the fix!

Tray
Register for webinar
5 posts, 0 answered