2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Magnus
    Magnus avatar
    28 posts
    26 May 2009
    04 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi!

I've got a problem which i hope you guys can help me out with.

I've developed a Sitfinity 3.6 site on our devserver using SQL 2005. Now when i'm trying to migrate that site (files+database) to a hosting server (SQL 2008 Express) i'm getting some small problem...

I can only see a blank page with the default text "Thank you for visiting our web site." on the new server. It's the same files and database.

So.. I've tried to search for an solution but couldn't find any. How do i migrate the website (files/database) from a SQL 2005 to a SQL 2008 Express?  Shall i change the providers in the web.config or?

Kind Regards / Magnus.
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    04 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Magnus,

I can only see a blank page with the default text "Thank you for visiting our web site." on the new server. It's the same files and database.

If you see this page the project should be installed. Can you try to access the backend and see whether an home page is set?

For SQL 2005/2008 providers should not be changed. Both uses SqlServer2005Provider.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
2 posts, 0 answered