+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Set-up & Installation / Moved Sitefinity3,.7 backend from SAN to SAN, now can't login:[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot open database "Sitefinity" requested by the login. The login failed.

Moved Sitefinity3,.7 backend from SAN to SAN, now can't login:[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot open database "Sitefinity" requested by the login. The login failed.

1 posts, 0 answered
  1. Gregg
    Gregg  avatar
    0 posts
    22 Aug 2016
    22 Aug
    Link to this post

Hi;

First of all,  I have next to no experience administering Sitefinity, and was not involved with the implementation.    I do have experience with IIS4 through II6.   My function now is Server/SAN/VMware admin.   We need to move the backend of a Sitefinity3.7 web on a WIN2K8 R2 server from an old SAN to a newer one. Thought it would be simple (done tons of these migrations before with F/P servers and older IIS versions)   The front-end server itself wouldn't be touched. 

I stopped the SQL services, and used Robocopy to copy everything over.  I unpresented the old SAN disks from the server and "re-lettered" the new drives to match what the old ones were.  I re-created the Shares, and rebooted the server.

When I tried our CMS website afterwards, I received the above error.  I ended up reverting back.  I brought up the new SAN disks again and looked at the differences.

The only thing I could see different was F:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\CMS had a "SiteFinity" AD security group applied to the folder with Full Control. It didn't get copied with the other ACL members.  Problem is I don't know where to grab the group from.  I'm assuming it's created within Sitefinity.

Again I don't know if it's that's much of an issue, as the Sitefinity.mdf is on a different, dedicated SAN disk. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Gregg

1 posts, 0 answered