no asp .net user in sql 2005 express

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Biagio Di Cioccio Jr
    Biagio Di Cioccio Jr avatar
    7 posts
    16 Nov 2009
    17 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    I have tried logging into my localhost, but get the same error message.

I have tried repairing .net framework and running the aspnet_regiis -i command. I still have no asp.net user listed in the database of the MS sql server to add per the installation guide pgs. 34-35

running Windows XP SP3

error message received while trying to build database

Server Error in '/databasename' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not open new database 'C:\PROGRAM FILES\TELERIK\SITEFINITY3.7\WEBSITES\databasename\APP_DATA\SITEFINITY.MDF'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
    An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\databasename\App_Data\Sitefinity.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
    File activation failure. The physical file name "C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\databasename\App_Data\Sitefinity_log.ldf" may be incorrect.
    The log cannot be rebuilt when the primary file is read-only.

Source Error:

Line 107:        <clear />
    Line 108:        <add connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" applicationName="/"
    Line 109:          name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.DataAccess.AspnetProviders.TelerikRoleProvider, Telerik.DataAccess" />
    Line 110:      </providers>
    Line 111:    </roleManager>

Source File: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\databasename\web.config    Line: 109

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    17 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Biagio Di Cioccio Jr,

Why do you want to use the AspNet user anyway? You can use this approach if you want to use impersonalization - to use the same user which is running the application (I mean computer account). You can specify any user account though in the connection string. Just take a look at what users you have in the SQL server, open the web.config and modify the connection string.

Let me know if you need further help.

Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. Biagio Di Cioccio Jr
    Biagio Di Cioccio Jr avatar
    7 posts
    16 Nov 2009
    17 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    I am not sure why I want to use an aspnet user, it was listed in your installation guide which i was following, because i am unable start working on a website.

I need detailed instructions on how to complete the following you mentioned.

You can specify any user account though in the connection string. Just take a look at what users you have in the SQL server, open the web.config and modify the connection string.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    17 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Biagio Di Cioccio Jr,

Please take look at the following useful articles

SitefinityWatch - here you will find more 10 posts related to the installation process.
    connectionstrings.com - here you will find detailed information about setting the SQL 2005 connection strings.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered