+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Set-up & Installation / Object Reference Not Set to TelerikADRoleProvider in web.config

Object Reference Not Set to TelerikADRoleProvider in web.config

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. RSewell
    RSewell avatar
    54 posts
    Registered:
    25 Apr 2007
    28 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    I'm having the exact same problem as the OP in this thread: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-3-x/set-up-installation/null-reference-with-active-directory-provider.aspx#1205193

    I've added the ADRoleProviderTest code to my App_Code folder, but it doesn't change the error at all, nor does it log an error in the event viewer.  I've probably done something wrong, but the instructions are too vague for this newbie to follow along.

    I've been implementing Gabe Summer's code as I followed along in his webcast to the place where he changed the Role and Memebership providers to use AD, and that's when I got the error.  The only difference is I've been using our actual corporate AD, not the one in the VM.

    So how do I troubleshoot this thing?  I wish there was local support for Sitefinity; I'd pay to have someone come out and set this up the way we need it.
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    25 Nov 2016
    29 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi RSewell,

    The error should be logged inside App_Data/sitefinity.log file. Could you check the error log to see what has been logged there. You could also put several break points in your code and inside ADRoleProviderTest to see the error that is thrown.

    Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. RSewell
    RSewell avatar
    54 posts
    Registered:
    25 Apr 2007
    31 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    Well, there was no log file in App_Code, because it never executed.  I probably didn't have it set up right or something, I was never clear on how to set it up.

    But no matter, I resolved the error.  Turns out that either IIS7 or Sitefinity is case sensitive when it reads web.config.  Also, it would help if I could have paid more attention to the actual parameter names.  I had connectionUserName when it was looking for connectionUsername, and connectionUserPassword, but it was looking for connectionPassword.

    Now I get to figure out how to build my own roleManager.  Fun stuff!
Register for webinar
3 posts, 0 answered