Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Set-up & Installation / Resource Provider Error After Upgrade to 3.6 SP1 Hotfix (1927)

Resource Provider Error After Upgrade to 3.6 SP1 Hotfix (1927)

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Armysniper
    Armysniper avatar
    126 posts
    03 Mar 2005
    13 May 2009
    Link to this post
    I merged in the new_web config sections and commented out those that were no longer needed in my site. One of those was this declaration in the <ConfigSections><SectionGroup> part of the web.config:

<section name="resourceProvider" type="Telerik.Framework.Localization.Configuration.ResourceProviderSection, Telerik.Framework" requirePermission="false" />

If I leave this out of the web.config I get an error when I try and EDIT my site:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
    The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. The configuration section 'resourceProvider' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration

Why am I getting this?
  2. Sonya
    Sonya avatar
    231 posts
    24 Sep 2012
    18 May 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Armysniper,

The line you have commented out registers a section named "resourceProvider" which could later be used within the same config section. Most probably there is a section called:
    <resourceProvider ...>  

.. which you have missed to comment out and this section now throws the exception.

If this is not the case, please send us your web.config file in a new support ticket so that we could investigate the problem.

the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
2 posts, 0 answered