5 posts, 0 answered
  1. Paul
    Paul avatar
    176 posts
    18 Nov 2008
    29 Apr 2009
    Link to this post

Hi!

Today I try to install Sitefinity 3.6.1920 on Windows Server 2008 64bit and it was so awfull... Old problems with creation virtual directories of "telerik" and "Sitefinity 3.6" was for me not so hard because I do this a lot of times. But the error: "Error 1001" was surprise for me. I met this error then install some applications as msi and I tried do it in case of Sitefinity as I do it everytime. But this does not help. After many tries I successfully install Sitefinity 3.6.1870 and only errors with virtual directories was detected. Can somebody comment this situation with Sitefinity 3.6.1920?

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    29 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Paul,

I have tested several installation separately of our QA and did not face any problems. Most likely the server should be properly configured and the user should have needed permissions. The permissions in Server 2008 are little different from other platforms and sometimes you need to run executables and application using "Run as an administrators".

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. Paul
    Paul avatar
    176 posts
    18 Nov 2008
    29 Apr 2009
    Link to this post

Hi Ivan!

I understand this and try "Run as administrator". Also I try disable UAC and run installation as administrator but it did not help. Installation of Sitefinity 3.6.1920 on Windows Server 64 bit became the mystery for me. Tomorow I will try another ways of installation on Windows Server 2008 an I hope it will install. =)

4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    01 May 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Paul,

Here is a link to a post that Gabe has created at SitefintiyWatch.com Sitefinity Installation . It enplanes the installation steps and provide some other links that are useful.
    Also you can check whether 32 bit applications are enabled in IIS >> ApplicationPool settings. Check out attached screenshot.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  5. Detroitj
    Detroitj avatar
    7 posts
    18 Oct 2006
    04 May 2009
    Link to this post
    I haven't done an install on Windows 2k8, but my production web server is Windows 2008 Standard x64, and I do have a Sitefinity web site running on it without a problem.
Register for webinar
5 posts, 0 answered