SiteFinity on Server 2008

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Ryan Ternier
    Ryan Ternier avatar
    32 posts
    24 Nov 2005
    03 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    We have SiteFinity on Server 2008 64bit.

In IIS i've had it running on it's own application pool (Classic, integrated) and on the default ASP.NET Classic application pool.

It works on all of them, with one issue.

Every once in awhile, i'll get the error where the browser (all of mine) tell me they can't find the server. DNS issues etc.

now, we have 3 websites running on this box - none of them have this issue. I followed the install guide to the letter, and I still get this.

It will fix itself in about 10 minutes... but I can't force it to fix itself. Recycling the application pools, starting/stopping the website. The w3wp process doesn't even exist for this application pool when this happens...

Any thoughts?
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    04 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Ryan Ternier,

Could you send the actual error you are getting, so we could tell you what the problem is.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Ryan Ternier
    Ryan Ternier avatar
    32 posts
    24 Nov 2005
    05 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hey Ivan,

The error was a generic 404 error. Nothing special about it. Just the same as if you typed in http://wfuihiewfhewfiwfe.com

I switched the Website to:
    -ASP.NET 2.0 Integrated
    -Identity: NEtworkService

Restarted the website and it's been working since.  Not sure why it sometimes just stopped.
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    05 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Ryan Ternier,

It is possible that you had experienced permissions issue or just something was wrong with the server and its DNS. It is good to hear the everything is fine now and I hope that this post will help to someone else that could face this or similar problem.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered