10 May 2010
02 Sep 2010
Link to this post
I just thought I might put up our experiences with this error. We had taken an exact copy of our installation, and put it on our webhost. No upgrade, no other changes.
We were scratching our heads for ages, as only two other people on these forums received this error, and the suggestions were about upgrading the database in a full trust environment. We didn't upgrade the database, we had already created one content item per module, and we still received this error message.
It turned out to be a database user permissions error. When copying the database from an SQL 2005 instance to Sql server 2000 instance, we didn't take a note of which user was logged in. The tables and stored procedures were not able to be accessed by the specified SQL connection string and this was the resulting error when we visited the website. If you get this error, check the permissions and make sure that the user can access the appropriate tables/stored procs.