Telerik Ajax controls Q1 2009

10 posts, 0 answered
  1. Evgeny Vdovin
    Evgeny Vdovin avatar
    11 posts
    05 May 2006
    20 Mar 2009
    Link to this post
    I want to upgrade Telerik Ajax Controls to Q1 2009 any specific instruction for Sitefinity 3.6

Sincerely
    Evgeny Vdovin
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    20 Mar 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Evgeny Vdovin,

We do not recommend upgrading RadControls to Q1 2009 due to styling issues with some of the controls. On the other hand we have compiled some controls with reference to Q3 SP2 which will cause additional problems. We are going to release SP for version 3.6 at the begining of April when Q1 will be available.

I hope this helps. 

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Evgeny Vdovin
    Evgeny Vdovin avatar
    11 posts
    05 May 2006
    20 Mar 2009
    Link to this post
    Good to know, thank you.

Will SP fix IE 8 - Admin layout?

Sincerely
    Evgeny Vdovin
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    22 Mar 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Evgeny Vdovin,

We started working on compatibility with IE8, it will require more time, because we should also wait RadControls teams to fix some issues. Then we will integrate the compatible controls in Sitefinity as well. Compatibility view mode of IE 8 could be used untill we officialy start supporting this version of the browser. 

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  5. chris_cf
    chris_cf avatar
    32 posts
    04 Jul 2007
    23 Mar 2009
    Link to this post
    Is there a new timeframe with regards to when we can expect the SP to be released then?

Very anxious as there are a lot of fixes needed.
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    23 Mar 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi chris_cf,

We have plans to release at the beginning of April if everything goes fine.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

7. Steve
    Steve avatar
    10 posts
    14 May 2008
    25 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Ivan (or other knowledgable Telerik/Sitefinity staffmember):

I realize this is an old post, but I did a web search for how to deploy RADControls with Sitefinity and this was one of the first links I landed on.

I am using the latest version of RADControls released in 2009 and 2010 (for VS2008 and VS2010) and want to use them with Sitefinity 3.7 SP3/4 and Sitefinity 4.0.

Currently I have RADControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2009, Q2 2010 SP1, and Q3 2010 SP3 installed.

Are there any concise step-by-step/walkthrough style guidance documents on developing and most especially deploying the latest versions of RADControls for ASP.NET AJAX (and Silverlight too <g>) with the two latest versions of Sitefinity? I'd like to know any of the "gotchas" like shared hosting, GAC issues, web.config setup, and so forth...

I realize there are a set of RADControls that are deployed with Sitefinity already and I have used them, but I would like to use RADGrid, RADUpload, etc. Anything you can help me with in this area would be greatly appreciated. In the past I received e-mail support and forum support as well about how to use the RADCalendar component that I wrapped up nicely in a Web User Control for use in Sitefinity 3.7.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!
    Steve

8. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    30 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Steve,

All Sitefinity dlls are build against certain version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll. Sitefinity 3.7 SP3 includes Q1 2010 of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll is 2010.1.309.25/35. Generally it is better to use the regular SP of Sitefinity which include the official releases of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX . There is no guarantee that each control and each property will work properly when you replace the controls manually. I suggest that you should use SP3 or SP4 .

You can reference all RadControls from Telerik.Web.UI that is in your bin folder. 

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  9. Steve
    Steve avatar
    10 posts
    14 May 2008
    31 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Ivan,

As always, thanks for rapid response to my question:

So.... Does it work this way?

1. Sitefinity uses Telerik.cms.Web.UI.dll? 
    2. The RadControls shipped with Sitefinity uses Telerik.Web.UI.dll?

When I right-click the Telerik.Web.UI.dll in my <website root>\bin folder for my Sitefinity 3.7 Standard SP3 site, the Property Page reports the following version information: 2009.2.701.35. <-- Is that 2009 Q1?

Are there any version numbers in web.config I would have to change if I wanted to experiment?

I suppose the bottom line for me is that I want to develop pages using RADControls and either make them into Sitefinity 3 compatible User Controls or find a way to do some development in Sitefinity 4.

Can you please direct me to useful blog posts/documentation for each version when you have time? I realize you are probably pretty busy these days and again I appreciate your help very much!

Thanks again and have a great day!
    Steve
  10. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    31 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Steve,

Here is a link to the releases of the RadControls

http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/whats-new.aspx

Here is a link about Sitefinity's version

http://www.sitefinity.com/support/kb/sitefinity-3-x/how-to-check-your-current-sitefinity-version.aspx

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-3-x/general-discussions.aspx

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions.aspx (Sitefinity 4.0 forum)

The controls written with Sitefinity's 3.x API cannot be plugged directly in Sitefinity 4.0. The API of Sitefinity 4.0 is different. The RadControls that we use are just a newer version.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
Register for webinar
10 posts, 0 answered