+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Set-up & Installation / Using Sitefinity_3_7_2096_standard_trial and SQL Server 2008 (remote intranet server)

Using Sitefinity_3_7_2096_standard_trial and SQL Server 2008 (remote intranet server)

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. Jeff K
    Jeff K avatar
    1 posts
    12 May 2010
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello,

I have downloaded and installed per the installation guide the SiteFinity 3.7 Trial version, created a new project, with no issues until I started with the Database portion of the installation. Local machine is on domain with access to our MSSQL 2008 Server via LAN. With that being said, I have created a unique user, db, etc... on remote sql server, entered that informaiton into the web form regarding the db connection etc...Then error (see below): Do I have to run a local DB server for Trial to work correctly? Or can I get past this configuration issue in an alternative manner. It seems like the DB/Server need to have access back to my local machine/Path? What is this error actually saying?...I am not a Windows persmission guru (who is these days), but maybe there is some help out there to resolve this issue.

Additionally, I am NOT an admin on the remote sql server as that server is "locked down" considerably, but if need be I can create DBs, Users, etc...with my local domain account on the remote SQL2008 Server

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Specs:
    Local PC - Windows 7 64bit (app enabled in IIS as 32bit app)

Server Error in '/CHSRFinity' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\CHSRFinity\x80obejm.tmp' is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\CHSRFinity\web.config    Line: 0

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Jeff K,

This is a permission issue - ASP.NET worker process does not have rights over the temp files under

ProgramFiles(x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\CHSRFinity\

An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\CHSRFinity\x80obejm.tmp' is denied.

This is not a problem to your DB. You may find this posts useful Bullet Proof Guide to Installing Sitefinity 3.x If the problem persists you could try to use Blank Project which installation is illustrated in one of the posts from the Bullet Proof Guide.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. simon
    simon avatar
    1 posts
    05 Jul 2010
    06 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,

There is a step missing the the Bullet Proof Guide to Installing Sitefinity 3.x when using Vista/IIS7. You have to give IUSR full permissions to the  'C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\CHSRFinity\' folder using WIndows explorer (right click -> properties -> security -> edit  -> add) then add IUSR and give full control.

Thanks
    Simon
Register for webinar
3 posts, 0 answered