Want to use SQL Server 2000 for sample

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. Nancy
    Nancy avatar
    2 posts
    19 Nov 2008
    19 Nov 2008
    Link to this post
    The user guide says I can use any supported dbms for the sample, but it doesn't say what I need to do to do this and it appears that it expects SQL Express.

Can you please guide me in the steps to using SQL Server 2000 for the sample Telerik University.
    Thanks,
    Nancy
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    20 Nov 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Nancy,

1.Install the TIU site. It automatically will create the SQL Express database and you will not be asked for configuring database or set up credentials. ( by default they are admin, admin)

2. Then, go to the TIU website root and get the database ( Sitefinity.mdf) form the App_Data folder.

3. Create a new database or just attach the existing one under SQL server 2008.

4. Finally, change the connection string in the TIU website web.config file to point to the database.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Nancy
    Nancy avatar
    2 posts
    19 Nov 2008
    20 Nov 2008
    Link to this post

I was actually wanting to use SQL Server 2000 instead of SQL Server 2008.  I tried anyway to attach in 2000 and got:

Error 602:  Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 86, object ID 1, index ID 1.  Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes.

Attaching database has failed.

Can I use SQL Server 2000 for the sample?

4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    20 Nov 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Nancy,

Open the website web.config file and find the <dataAccess> node. Then, make the changes as the example below demonstrates.

<dataAccess defaultConnection="DefaultConnection"
              <connections> 
                <add name="DefaultConnection" driver="Nolics.ORMapper.DataProviders.SqlServer2000Provider”" connectionStringName="Sitefinity" /> 
                <add name="GenericContentConnection" driver="Telerik.Cms.Engine.Data.Providers.GCSql2000Provider, Telerik.Cms.Engine.Data" connectionStringName="Sitefinity" /> 
              </connections> 
    </dataAccess> 

I hope this helps. Try detaching and attaching the DB again if the problem persists.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  5. Robert
    Robert avatar
    7 posts
    03 Feb 2012
    02 Jun 2012
    Link to this post
    We have SBE 5.0.2523.0 and we have put the project on a "staging area" online.
    What configuration settings do we need to change for SBE 5 to use SQL Server 2008 and not SQLExpress?

Under App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\DataConfig.config here is what it says:
    <dataConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="5.0.2523.0" initialized="True">
        <connectionStrings>
            <add connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Sitefinity.mdf" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" dbType="MsSql" name="Sitefinity" />
        </connectionStrings>
        <urlEvaluators>
            <add description="ForumsEvaluatorDescription" resourceClassId="ForumsResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Forums.Web.ForumsEvaluator" enabled="True" name="Forums" />
        </urlEvaluators>
    </dataConfig>
  6. Robert
    Robert avatar
    7 posts
    03 Feb 2012
    02 Jun 2012
    Link to this post
    We have SBE 5.0.2523.0 and we have put the project on a "staging area" online.
    What configuration settings do we need to change for SBE 5 to use SQL Server 2008 and not SQLExpress?

Under App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\DataConfig.config here is what it says:
    <dataConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="5.0.2523.0" initialized="True">
        <connectionStrings>
            <add connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Sitefinity.mdf" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" dbType="MsSql" name="Sitefinity" />
        </connectionStrings>
        <urlEvaluators>
            <add description="ForumsEvaluatorDescription" resourceClassId="ForumsResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Forums.Web.ForumsEvaluator" enabled="True" name="Forums" />
        </urlEvaluators>
    </dataConfig>
  7. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    04 Jun 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi,

We follow the format of the standard connectionString node. Please check Connection strings for SQL Server 2008

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
7 posts, 0 answered