My suggestion for a new/ or updated module would be to have a DirectMail module for Sitefinity.
I know, maybe I should build it myself, but of course, the Sitefinity team is doing an excellent job with their development, so I just want to drop this suggestion and really hope it will come to Sitefinity!
It should be a module that is as simple as the Newsletter module, but with far more advanced options:
- Sending HTML newsletters to subscribers/ subscriber groups.
- Sending the newsletters in a batch.
- Scheduling the newsletter send process.
- Sending both HTML newsletters and plain text newsletters, based on the selection in the subscriber profile.
- Ability to view the newsletter online (so, there should be no personalization when viewing online).
- Ability to select content items or newsitems from the website and place it inside the newsletter. (with links to the actual page or newsitem on the website)
- Use a template for the newsletter (Masterpage)
- Import email addresses (from .csv / text or via Google, Windows Live, Facebook etc. / Outlook, Mail )
- Ability to view the status of the items beeing send.
- Ability to delete bounced email addresses
- Ability to have statistics on which items are beeing popular (based on the click behaviour of subscribers)
Well, just some thoughts on this module.
I really think this would be a great addition to Sitefinity. I'm having customers who at the moment decide NOT to use Sitefinity because of the fact they can't send newsletters like this. Don't get me wrong, I really want them to use Sitefinity, but it is not nice to offer different solutions for 1) website 2) newsletter management.
Anyone else has some thoughts on this?