13 posts, 0 answered
  1. Amir
    Amir avatar
    14 posts
    18 Apr 2008
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Telerik,

I have a new feature request for Sitefinity, we just noticed a new functionality in Word 2010.
    There is a new word template called Blog Post, it will enable authors to publish blog articles directly to blog engines.

Please see this link for blog engines that support this feature (the list includes Wordpress):
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/help-with-blogging-in-word-HA010164021.aspx?ver=14&app=winword.exe

It would be great if Sitefinity could also be added as compatible provider.

I have attached two screenshots related to this as well.

Please credit me with points if my suggestion is accepted and original.

Kind Regards,

Amir Haghdani
    Verilune.com
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    16 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Amir,

Thanks for you suggestion.  We will consider it for possible implementation, but for now I cannot tell you whether we will include this in the official release of Sitefinity 4.0.  Your Telerik points have been updated.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Austin Dimmer
    Austin Dimmer avatar
    6 posts
    01 Aug 2012
    15 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    Great suggestion, please also include my vote for this feature. I am currently looking at the best way to create a blog post content using Microsoft Word, this feature would be very useful to me.
  4. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    21 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello guys,

This is great feature indeed. We already have something similar though - Live Writer support. Have you checked it already?

I am also thinking on the following feature for the 4.0 version - http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/quark-releases-xml-author-40-for-microsoft-word-enhances-publishing-process-011577.php
    What do you think?

Regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. Austin Dimmer
    Austin Dimmer avatar
    6 posts
    01 Aug 2012
    23 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    Thanks for the reply Georgi,

I have not seen anything about Live Writer suport anywhere on the blogs or in the documentation yet, do you have any links? I will download the software and try it out.

The Xml Author looks interesting but it seems there is nowhere on the Quark site to purchase the product.

Thanks

Austin
  6. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    23 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Austin Dimmer,

This is for the 3.x version:
    http://www.sitefinity.com/help/developer-manual/generic-content-based-blogs-metablog-api.html

..and this for 4.x:
    http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/user-guide/creating-and-uploading-content/using-the-content-modules/creating-and-editing-blogs-and-blog-posts/create-and-edit-blog-posts-with-win-live-writer.aspx

Kind regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  7. Austin Dimmer
    Austin Dimmer avatar
    6 posts
    01 Aug 2012
    28 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    thanks again for the reply,

I am trying to follow the instructions given at

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/user-guide/creating-and-uploading-content/using-the-content-modules/creating-and-editing-blogs-and-blog-posts/create-and-edit-blog-posts-with-win-live-writer.aspx

Windows live writer tells me that it was not able to automatically detect my blog settings.

In the documentation it says:

In Web address of your blog, enter the URL of the page, where your blog is published.

What is the URL that I should be using?

I have tried without success the following URLs:

http://localhost:85/blog
    http://localhost:85/Sitefinity/Content/Blogs/BlogPosts/BlogName
    http://localhost:85/Sitefinity/Content/Blogs/BlogPosts/BlogName/?provider=OpenAccessDataProvider

I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Best regards

Austin
  8. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    28 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Austin ,

In Live Writer you need to set the page on which you have BlogPostView control that shows your posts. Make sure that AllowBlogging is set to true. Can you send some screenshots that shows BlogPostView control configuration ? Do you set ti to show specific blog, you have some filtering etc?

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  9. Austin Dimmer
    Austin Dimmer avatar
    6 posts
    01 Aug 2012
    28 Jun 2011
    Link to this post

Whilst I was receiving the above mentioned errors, the blog posts control was set to display  content from all blogs. I have adjusted the setting to display from selected blogs only.

I still found difficulty in getting things to work. I am unsure about what the correct URL settings should be, the documentation does not quite provide me with sufficient information for me to know how to set this up correctly.

I have attempting to attach a PDF file with screenshots of what I have attempted so far, unfortunately, the attach file dialogue does not accept PDF documents, could I e-mail this document to you? I hope that this helps you work out where I am going wrong.

Best wishes

Austin

10. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    29 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Austin ,

I am not able to replicate this issue. Please take a look at attached short video that shows blogpostview settings and live writer settings.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  11. Austin Dimmer
    Austin Dimmer avatar
    6 posts
    01 Aug 2012
    29 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    Awesome video Dimitri,

That's the best support I've had from any company in a long time. I'll test things out a bit further here and see how I get on.

Thanks

Austin
  12. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    29 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Austin ,

Always glad to help.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  13. Austin Dimmer
    Austin Dimmer avatar
    6 posts
    01 Aug 2012
    29 Jun 2011
    Link to this post
    I have just been testing this out once more but I still get the same error and therefore I cannot connect Windows live writer to my blog. The settings I am using seem to be the same as those which you are using, so I suppose this will remain a mystery!

Although it would have been nice to get this feature working, I am currently thinking that I will produce my blog content using Dreamweaver.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway.
Register for webinar
13 posts, 0 answered