We have been working on Forms support in MVC, which will bring in the following:
- Option to select web framework when creating a new form (MVC or WebForms)
- New Forms MVC widget
- MVC-based widgets for the form elements in the Form builder
- Layout grid widgets in the form builder as defined in the Feather resource package
- Easy customization of form elements utilizing the Feather convention
- API for RAPID development of custom form fields/elements
The ultimate goal is to enable backend users to easily create forms, that leverage the look and feel of the MVC-developed website. Furthermore, developers will have full control over the markup of all form elements and be able to easily utilize the benefits of the UI framework in use.
You will be able to play around with this functionality very soon in the upcoming Sitefinity 8.2 beta. So please have a look and give us your comments and suggestions. As always, your feedback is much appreciated and anticipated!