Internal preview of Sitefinity 6.2 is available for download on this link
*** Update: added alternative download link from dropbox to address cases with problematic download.
This build contains major improvement in Page editing and publishing performance in the backend. We are kindly asking for your assistance in testing projects upgrades.
More on what we did
We focused on optimizing the number of database operations when opening for edit and publishing a page. The achieved results are great, decreasing in some cases the number of DB inserts/deletes more than 10 times. This ultimately leads to very improved speed, including the case when multiple users work simultaneously in the pages backend.
To achieve this we did a lot of refactoring and improvements in the page publishing code and the pages persistent model. Also, on the 6.2 upgrade we are executing a clean-up procedure which additionally optimizes the storage of pages – and in some cases removes up to 80% of the stored data – which was used inefficiently.
How you can help
Even though we performed very comprehensive testing of real-world projects for possible regressions and upgrade problems, it will be of a great help if you can help us at this stage and do some test upgrades with this 6.2 alpha release.
We want to make sure we are not missing some specific for you project and you have a flawless experience once you decide to upgrade to the official 6.2.
Please, focus on the following problems:
1) After the upgrade passes please check UpgradeTrace. Log for any Fail messages
2) After the upgrade passes please check Error. Log for any Fail messages
3) Please check that your pages look ok – the widgets are there , are not misplaced or broken
4) Please check that you can open, edit and publish successfully a single page
5) If you find something out of order – please reply to this forum thread – also we might contact you to get more details or your project and test locally.
Important Note: Please note that this build is for review purposes
only. Upgrades from it to next versions will not be supported.
We look forward to receiving any feedback you might have.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!