This is to let you know that Sitefinity 7.0 Beta is available for download on this link.
This build contains:
- Custom Fields in Pages
- Media fields (images, videos, files) in Static Modules (News, Events, etc.)
- Option to Duplicate Page Templates
- Option to Duplicate Forms
- Sharing of Forms Between Sites (in Multisite Mode)
- Ratings with Comments for All Content Types
- Dynamic Image Thumbnail Generation
- Deletion of Dynamic Modules Content Types (created with Module Builder)
- Page Sharing to Unauthenticated Users
- Improvements in Image/Video/Documents Upload Dialogues
- Filtering by custom taxonomies for all the static modules
- Improvements in the Backend of Dynamic Content Type Items
- Improvements in Multilingual Split Pages
- Performance Optimizations
- Azure SDK upgrade from 1.8 to 2.2
Please, note that the build is for evaluation purposes only. Upgrades to it from earlier versions have not been tested extensively. Upgrades from it to official 7.0 will not be supported.
Custom Fields in Pages
- To add a custom field for pages, go to Backend>Pages, and in the right side bar click on “Custom fields”. On the page which loads you will see option to add custom fields of type “Short text”, “Long text”, “Related media (images, videos, files)”, etc.
- To edit the value of a custom field per page, to go Backend>Pages, choose a page and click on “Title&Properties” in the Actions menu.
Media fields (images, videos, files) in Static Modules (News, Events, etc.)
- To add a media field (to images, videos or files ), go to the Backend section of the static module (News, Blogs, Events, Lists, etc.) and click on “Custom fields” in the right side bar. In the page which loads, add a custom field of type “Related media”.
- To associate media items to a content item, go the Backend Edit screen of that content item, and select media files to associate to it. Associated media files will show automatically in the page where this content items is displayed on the public site.
Option to Duplicate Page Templates
To duplicate a Page Template, go to Design> Page Templates, select a page template and click on “Duplicate” in the “Actions” menu. This will duplicate the page template and all its content, layout and settings.
Option to Duplicate Forms
To duplicate a Form, go to Content> Forms, select a form and click on “Duplicate” in the “Actions” menu. This will duplicate the form with all its content, layout, and settings (Subscribers to responses will not be duplicated).
Sharing of Forms between Sites (in Multisite Mode)
To share a Form between Sites, go to Content> Forms, select a form and click on “Share with…” in the “Actions” menu. You will be given options to specify the sites to which this form should be shared. After that, a form can be displayed on all sites where it is shared.
Ratings with Comments for All Content Types
- To enable ratings for any Content Type, go to Advanced Settings>Comments Module, select the desired Content Type and check option “Enable user ratings as part of the comments”. (This option will be enabled by default for Products.)
- On the public site, the Comments widget will start displaying content item rating and will allow users to specify rating when commenting on an item.
- In the Backend>Comments section, administrators can see ratings together with comment. Average rating per content item will be displayed.
Dynamic Image Thumbnails Generation
Users editing Images in the Image Widget or Content Block, can select the image and apply to it a Custom Thumbnail (in the “Image thumbnail” drop down). This will create an image automatically, based on the specified preferences.
Deletion of Dynamic Modules Content Types (created with Module Builder)
To delete a dynamic module, go to Administration>Module builder, choose a module and click on “Delete” in the “Actions” menu. This will delete the content types in this module, together with their content items, configuration, and associated widgets.
Page Sharing to Unauthenticated Users
- To enable Page Sharing to unauthenticated users, go to Administration>Settings> Advanced> Page, and check the “Allow backend users to share link to preview pages” checkbox. Specify the “Expiration time for shared links” in hours (note that this could be a floating point number).
- To share a Link to a Page, go to Pages, in the ”Actions” menu of any page could click on the “Share link… “.A dialog opens, providing a link to the page. Send this link to the person to whom you want to share.
Improvements in Image/Video/Documents Upload Dialogues
Users uploading image/video/files in the Image/Video/Documents and Files Widgets see option to specify title, alternative text, categories and tags for the files they are
about to upload.
Filtering by custom taxonomies for all the static modules
For all the static modules (News, Blogs etc.) users will see newly added options for filtering by custom taxonomies in the right sidebar.
Improvements in the Backend of Dynamic Content Type Items
In the Backend section of a Dynamic Content Type (created with the Module Builder) users will see newly added options to sort items by date modified and title. In the right side bar, there are options to filter by item status and taxonomy (categories, tags).
In Administration>Module builder, modules are sorted alphabetically.
Improvements in the Multilingual Split Pages
A parent page in split multilingual mode can have child pages in synched multilingual mode. A page which has children pages can be set in split multilingual mode.
- Output cache can be enabled for personalized pages
- Output cache is enabled for forums browsed by unauthenticated users
- Reduced application startup time
Azure SDK upgraded from 1.8 to 2.2
We look forward to receiving your feedback.