1) Would be great in the personalization console to have inline editing disabled by default
2) Created a new site, new page, based it on a feather template (havent even opened visual studio btw). Added a new segment to my IP, content block to the page, personalized the widget to that segment.
- Personalization console doesn't show me the segment change, just previews as if I was the default user.
- Publish->View live throws the below error (video too: http://screencast.com/t/bfxbGuRUuun)
Server Error in '/' Application.
ScriptManager object is not set to a reference.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: ScriptManager object is not set to a reference.
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[HttpException (0x80004005): ScriptManager object is not set to a reference.] Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.ConfigureScriptManager(Page page, ScriptRef scripts, Boolean throwException) +625 Telerik.Sitefinity.Personalization.Impl.PersonalizedViewWrapper.AddClientSideRenderingScripts() +431 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +115 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +55 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3789
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:188.8.131.52
- The default "Body" is too thin, it's thinner than a container which is IN the toolbox (weirdly...can't see the benefit of that being there)
- If I'm using bootstrap, I expect the backend forms editor to load the bootstrap styles at the very least, not fugly defaults (attached)...subsequently "Preview" is pointless. I thought the backend layouts would allow us to do more like what we see on the Bootstrap forms page, like inline forms and such. I see your "hack" here to just rename the regular sitefinity 50-50 widget to be "grid-6+6" :p Why can't we edit in our native framework of choice here? I can't put a bootstrap class on something and have it do anything. I understand what's happening...it takes the data elements and "transforms" the ghetto editor into your framework, but I thought this was supposed to be updated.
- Does it NEED to render comments? <!-- InputCssClass class variable -->
- Empty <p class="text-muted"></p> is rendered out on the widgets,since it's wrapped in a <p> it occupies space and there's no class there to even denote it's empty so we could manually style it out (please just kill from the server)
- Captcha implimention is not good! When you click submit without entering it, it responds with "Entry is not valid!" and wipes the form clean, instead of keeping the form visible and just erroring out. Can we somehow make this pluggable so we can use google recaptcha instead? ...why reinvent the wheel, when the free wheel is industry standard (and looks awesome)
- I had a textfield widget on there (with captcha), entered WAYYYY too much text into it, with a valid captcha the form returns Exception occured while executing the controller. Check error logs for details.
- See attached, I think you have this in reverse...debug mode SHOULD be off, it being off shouldn't be a warning.
- The "Releated Data" note of "Related data can affect the performance of your site
The use of related data can slow your website, because related data generates additional requests to the database. For each related item, Sitefinity creates a database request. For example, a list of 20 items where each item has two related items would generate 40 additional requests to the database." ...what seriously? This should be your issue to solve and optomize, true releated data is supposed to be a feature not a "stay away" thing.
- The profiler throws an n+1 on a blank project, blank bootstrap page with native forms widget on it begin update
[voa_keygen] set [last_used_id] = 0 + [last_used_id] where [table_name]
LIKE '#guid#%' ; select [table_name], [last_used_id] from [voa_keygen]
where [table_name] LIKE '#guid#%' order by [table_name] ; end ;
In fact in ONE second I have 52 SQL queries for a simple form with 2 inputs, a checkbox, and a captcha?