Controlled Lightbox is a quick control I whipped up to get some extra control over the lightbox feature of Sitefinity.
The purpose of the control is to:
- be able to display multiple image libraries in the popup lightbox
- be able to pop up the lightbox from a custom piece of content with links in it WITHOUT displaying an entire gallery of images.
This is a very simple control. there are few things to keep in mind when using it:
- any <a href> link that you add to the GenericContent piece of the control will be replaced with the necessary links to display your image library items. In short, it won't matter what links you put in the content of the control, as long as there is at least 1 link to initiate the popup.
- you will need to select the image libraries you want to display in the lightbox. You do this from the properties of the control
- currently image maps are not supported, I will be adding this soon however.
If you are interested in checking this out, just download the control, upload it to you project preferably via the Sitefinity admin pages, copy the LibrarySelector.cs file to your project's App_Code folder, add the control to a page, set the content of the control to what you like (make sure to add a link of some kind), select the libraries you want to show in the lightbox from the control's advanced settings and WAAALAAA. You can now have a custom bit of content and links popup lightbox galleries. No mess no fuss!