This control can be placed onto a Sitefinity page and allows you to upload and manage the file associated with it. When a user visits the page they will be redirected to the uploaded file. The problem with this solution was that a browser redirect was required to accomplish it.
To address this I created a new "File" Sitefinity Control. The concept is similar to the "Documents Control".
However, instead of a redirect I'm now displaying file information and a download button:
All of this is manageable via a user-friendly Control Designer:
Advantages / Features
- Files can be uploaded via a web browser.
- Files can be organized within the Sitefinity "Site Map".
- Files inherit the permissions of the underlying Sitefinity page.
- Automatically handles saving the file to the server.
- Allows "roll-backs" to previous versions of the file.
- Alerts the user to the type of file that will be downloaded.
- Alerts the user about the size of the file that will be downloaded.