The web services are separated in different directories based on the features they are powering, or the type of the content they are working with. All web services are located in~/Sitefinity/Services
- AlbumService - working with Album objects
- BlogPostService - working with BlogPosts - getting blog posts by ID or by using LINQ
- BlogService - working with Blogs.
- ContentItemService - working with ContentItem objects.
- ContentService - The WCF web service that is used to work with all types that inherit from base Content class. You can use this service to get content items by type and by provider name, in both XML and JSON formats.
- DocumentLibraryService - Service that can be used when working with Document Libraries type.
- DocumentService - Service that can be used when working with Document type.
- EventService - Service that can be used when working with Event type.
- Generic - Service that can be used when working with ContentItem type. Supports working with multiple providers.
- ImageService - Service that can be used when working with Image type.
- NewsItemService - Service that can be used when working with NewsItem type. This type is responsible for all items created in the News module.
- VideoLibraryService - Service that can be used when working with Video libraries.
- VideoService - Service that can be used when working with Video items.
- ControlPropertyService - WCF service for working with User and Custom Control properties. Exposes methods for retrieving and saving control properties.
- PagesService - Web Service used for page management. Exposes methods for Creating, Deleting, Editing and Moving pages.
- ZoneEditorService - Web Service used for working with layout zones and page templates.
- Comments - Service that operates with comments. This service only exposes methods which are not specific to the Generic Content functionality of comments. This is why it cannot create/delete/get comments, but can be used for marking comments as spam, hidding comments etc.
- QueryBuilderService - Services that operates with the QueryBuilder Control. More on this topic is coming soon.
- ConfigPolicies - Service that works with Configuration Policies.
- ConfigSectionItems - Services that operates with configuration sections. You may retrieve and save configuration section through this web service.
- LocalizationCultures - Services that operates with the localization configurations. You may retrieve all cultures defined for the project or add new ones.
- FormsService - Web service which you can use for Forms module management
- AllCulturesResource - Service that you can use to work with all strings that can be localized. You can get a collection of all resources by any culture.
- DualLocalizationResources - You may use this service if you wish to have translation side by side - for example take two resources in two languages - one for reading and one for editing.
- LocalizationClasses - Services that you can use to get all localization classes, in XML or JSON format.
- LocalizationResources - Services that operates with the localization resources strings. You may get collection of strings based on a certain criteria.
- MetaData - Web service which you can use to work with custom fields.
- PublishingService - Service which is not implemented yet, but the namespace is reserved for exposing methods that work with the Publishing System - RSS, Social media connect, etc.
- MembershipSettings - Service that can be used for working with membership provider settings.
- Permissions - Service that operates with permissions for users, modules and content types.
- Roles - Service that you can use to manage the users roles in the application.
- Users - Service used for user management.
- FlatTaxon - Service that can work with Flat Taxa.
- HierarchicalTaxon - Service that operates with Hierarchical Taxa.
- MarkedItems - Service that works with items marked with specific tax or taxa.
- Taxonomy - Service used for working with Taxonomies.
- HistoryService - Service used for working with Content Items versions.
- SitefinityProject - Service used for working with the current project's information - version information for example. This service is in the root Services directory.