Setting up your environment
Because you will create CoverFlow control in Microsoft Visual Studio, open your Sitefinity application in Visual Studio.
To do this, use the Sitefinity Project Manager in the following way:
- Open the Sitefinity Project Manager.
- Select the desired Sitefinity application.
- Click the Edit in Visual Studio button.
- Save the solution, which the Sitefinity project has been opened in by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+S or by selecting File » Save All from the menu.
- Choose a location and a name for the solution and click Save.
You can create the control either as user control or as custom control. In this tutorial you will create a custom control.
TIP: For more information about creating different types of controls, see How to create a NewsRotator control.