Setup working environment
Because you will create the Dropbox provider in Microsoft Visual Studio, open your Sitefinity application in Visual Studio.
To do this use the Sitefinity Project Manager in the following way:
- Open the Sitefinity Project Manager;
- Select the desired Sitefinity application;
- Click the Edit in Visual Studio button;
- Save the solution, which the Sitefinity project has been opened in by pressing CTRL+SHILT+S or by selecting File >> Save All from the menu. Choose a location and a name for the solution and click Save.
- Create a new class library project under your Sitefinity solution by selecting File >> New >> Project and choose Class Library;
- From the context menu of the project, click Add References and add the following assemblies from your Dropbox SDK Sample folder:
- To make easier your work with Dropbox REST API we advise to use third party libraries – DropNet and RestShar.
NOTE: DropNet and RestSharp are open source libraries that work under Apache License Version 2.0. It is recommended to get DropNet and RestSharp assemblies from our Dropbox SDK sample project.