Configuring FedEx as shipping carrier
In addition or instead of creating your own shipping methods, you can use FedEx as shipping carrier. If you are using FedEx services, when the user is checking out the cart, FedEx will automatically display the shipping methods available for the purchased goods and the selected shipping address.
To configure FedEx as a shipping method, perform the following:
- Register at http://fedex.com/us/developer/ by clicking Register Now link.
- Fill out the Login Registration form.
- When the registration is completed your Developer Test Key appears.
Copy and save the key.
- You will receive and e-mail from FedEx containing the following:
- Test Password
- Test Account Number
- Test Meter Number
- Test URL
- In the main menu, click Administration » Settings.
The Basic Settings page appears.
- Click Advanced link.
The Settings page appears.
- Click Shipping » ShippingCarrierProviders » FedEx.
The FedEx settings appear.
- In Url, enter the Test URL.
- In Password, enter the Test Password.
- In LicenseKey, enter the Developer Test Key.
- In MeterID, enter the Test Meter Number.
- In AccountNumber, enter Test Account Number.
- Select IsActive checkbox.
- Click Save changes.
The FedEx is configured in test mode. When a user checks out the cart, relevant FedEx shipping services will appear.
- After you finished testing your ecommerce and want to move your website to production, you must obtain your Production Key from FedEx.
For more information about obtaining you Production Key, follow the instructions in the FedEx e-mail, you have received.
- After you completed your Production Key registration, you will receive an e-mail from FedEx containing the following:
- Account Number
- Meter Number
- Perform Step 7 to Step 14 again, entering the new values you have received.
The FedEx is configured in live mode.