You can change the backend language of Sitefinity by installing one of the existing language packs or by exporting all labels and messages, translating them, and importing them back in Sitefinity.
On Sitefinity Marketplace (http://www.sitefinity.com/marketplace/localizations.aspx), you can download for free the following language packs:
If you want to have Sitefinity backend in another language, you must export, translate, and import all labels. To change the language of Sitefinity backend, perform the following:
- Click Administration » Setting » Languages.
- Under Default language for the backend system, select the backend language in which you want to use as a source language for the translation.
PREREQUISITE: Before you select a backend language, you must have added it. For more information, see Languages » Adding backend languages.
- Click Save changes.
- Click Administration » Labels & Messages.
The Labels & Messages page appears.
- If the language you want to use as backend language is one of the languages available on Sitefinity Marketplace, perform the following:
If the language you want to use is not available on Sitefinity Marketplace, you must export and translate all labels.
- Go to http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/marketplace/modules, find and click the language, which you want to use.
- Click Download from Publisher button.
- Save the .zip file on your computer.
- Unzip the .xlsx file and save it.
Perform the following:
On Labels & Messages page, click Import language pack button.
Select the language for which you want to import a translation of labels and messages.
Click Select button and browse your computer to select the Excel file (.xlsx) that contains the translated labels and messages.
- In the toolbar of Labels & Messages page, click Export language pack button.
The labels and messages are exported as a Microsoft Excel Worksheet (.xlsx file).
The file opens, displaying all labels and messages ordered alphabetically.
- You translate the labels by entering their translation directly in the Excel file.
IMPORTANT: You can only change columns Value and Description. Do not modify cells in columns ClassId and Key.
- Save the Excel file (a file with .xlsx extension).
The imported labels are uploaded and associated with the language that you have selected. Every time you select this language in Administration » Settings » Languages » Default language for the backend system, the respective labels are displayed.