Creating and running projects on IIS
Use this procedure to create and run your projects on Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), instead of using the Sitefinity integrated web server.
- Login to your Windows Server 2003, 2008, or Windows Vista or 7.
- Download Sitefinity Project Manager by performing procedure Downloading and installing Sitefinity » Step 1 to Step 4.
- Click Sitefinity Project Manager and save the file on the server.
- Run the project manager by double-clicking the executable file, you have downloaded.
NOTE: It is not required to execute the project manager on the server. You can download and run the project manager on a local workstation and then transfer the project files to the web server using FTP or file share.
- Perform procedure Creating a project and installing a license.
- In Step 3 select File System and click Browse button.
- On the left, select File System.
NOTE: If you choose IIS, the project is installed as a virtual application and not as a full website. This is intended for a development environment.
- On the right, select folder inetpub\wwwroot.
NOTE: If you do not see folder inetpub, IIS is not installed on your server and you must install it.
- Your project is created and appears as an entry in the list of projects in the Sitefinity Project Manager. Your project’s files are created in folder inetpub\wwwroot\<your project name>.
- Close Sitefinity Project Manager.
- Depending on your server version, perform one of the following procedures:
NOTE: To optimize your website for search engines, you can use lower case URL rewrite and remove trailing slashes. For more information, see Using URL Rewrite for SEO.
IMPORTANT: If you have a multisite license, on IIS, you must not setup your sites as different websites. You must setup your sites as one website, although the different sites have different hosts.