Install the SDK
PREREQUISITES: You must have installed Sitefinity and Microsoft Visual Studio Professional or higher.
To download Sitefinity SDK, perform the following:
- Login with your account on http://www.sitefinity.com/.
- Click Resources » SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT.
- Click the download button of Sitefinity SDK.
- Read and accept the license agreement and click Continue.
- Click Sitefinity SDK Installation Package.
- Click Run.
If you are using Windows 2008, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, User Account Control dialog box may appear. There you must explicitly authorize the installation of Sitefinity. Depending on your settings, User Account Control may be disabled.
- To accept the license agreement and continue with the installation, click I Agree – Continue.
The summary of the installation appears. There you can see all the features that will be installed and the folder where Sitefinity SDK will be installed.
- To change the installation folder or to disable the installation of some components, click Customize button.
- If you do not want to install some of the components, click and select Entire feature will be unavailable.
Sitefinity SDK is always installed.
- If you want to install Sitefinity SDK in a different than the default folder, select it in Install path input field.
- Click OK.
- Click Install.
A Status progress bar appears.
NOTE: If you have selected to install RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, RadControls for Silverlight, or OpenAccess ORM, their installers will appear and close automatically.
- Select if you want to launch Sitefinity SDK Browser and click Finish.
Installation is completed.
For more information, see Installing a module from the SDK in your website and Installing a widget from Sitefinity SDK in your website